Wednesday, January 18, 2017



Checking Back In



Bull run in Alicante

I feel different looking back at myself after these six months of being back in the US. It's kind of like that feeling you have when you look at pictures of yourself growing up and you refuse to believe that was even you back then. 

I know it's repeated but such good pic

Looking back though, I can't imagine a richer experience than going to Spain and working with the personnel there. I learned a great deal of things and experienced what it would be like in a postgraduate situation, where people are focused on a research project and 

Getting to know a country is quite a thing. You might not give it much thought, but there probably a handful of places you know so well you could get by with your eyes closed. I wasn't there yet in Valencia, given it is such a big city, but I knew my neighborhood well enough due to walking there daily for six weeks (it would have been different with a car for sure). 



Lost children recently arrived in Spain


Missing Spanish horchata
I remember the walk to the supermarket we had to make twice a week so we could get the essentials for our jamon serrano sandwiches, our whole diet, basically. Towards the end we also got ice cream from a local that was basically heaven, and remained open until late. The tram ride (and walk when I was in the mood) to the beach was always exciting, knowing that the work day was over and that we could basically go to the beach until 8pm if we wanted, and maybe even later because it didn't get dark until so, sooo late.



Our local church and plaza





EstaciĆ³ del Nord and the bull arena





All of the memories in Spain were good memories. This coming Monday we're presenting to the ASCE members in UTA. It's going to be fun reminiscing and the seeing what I gained. By the way, Spain made me an excellent graph creator. Just go look at my presentation papers... Anyways, I'm in the next chapter of my life, but I'll always have those days.
Who would have thought Spain made me cheesy... Bye for now y'all.
First group dinner, cooked by yours truly



Beautiful Valencia
                     

Spain Fam

P.S. - If you click the pictures, they show in full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment